I guess I had a revelation today about my dad. I have in my house a small red toy box my dad made for me and my brother when we were pretty small. (I can remember sitting in it)
It was built to look like a railway boxcar with the gable lid of the boxcar opening up to put the toys inside. My dad was quite an artist as well as a woodworker and he painted the "boxcar" with logos and even the data plates that real boxcars display on there sides. As I looked at the car I noticed something I had never thought about before. The knob for the top was turned from wood and painted to match. It suddenly dawned on the extra effort and the several steps it took to turn this small handle...just to be placed on a child's toy-box. It dawned on the that this was a labor of love. My dad has been dead for a several years but even now I see his loving care. Thanks Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment